1752672 Members
5756 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: EVA4400 not visible in CVE

Panzer_1
Frequent Advisor

EVA4400 not visible in CVE

My EVA4400 used to be manageable, but now CVE cannot see it. No changes have been made on the server or in on the SAN switches as far as I know. All the LUN's are available to the hosts. the test utility "cvutil paths" gives me this output:
\\.\Scsi2:-0-1-0 HP HSV300 0900 5001-4380-025B-AE50 PAFUBA19SWC0AJ Not Valid
\\.\Scsi3:-0-1-0 HP HSV300 0900 5001-4380-025B-AE50 PAFUBA19SWC0AJ Not Valid
\\.\Scsi3:-0-0-0 HP HSV300 0900 5001-4380-025B-AE50 PAFUBA19SWC0BV Not Valid
\\.\Scsi2:-0-0-0 HP HSV300 0900 5001-4380-025B-AE50 PAFUBA19SWC0BV Not Valid

Does anybody know what this means?
16 REPLIES 16
Víctor Cespón
Honored Contributor

Try cvutil release_locks -wwn

Can you check through WOCP that the host ports appear active and logged into fabric?

Using HBAanyware or SANSurfer can you see if you see LUN 0 on the EVA ports?

Are both controllers running OK?
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

"... as far as I know ..."

First I would connect to the switch and check if both are linked and zoned.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Panzer_1
Frequent Advisor

Both hba's are linked and zoned.
cvutil release_locks.... did not make any difference. As I mentioned, all my LUN's are available to my hosts, it looks like only my management server is experiencing problems.
KurtG
Regular Advisor

Does this advisory apply to youre environment?

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c01637500〈=en&cc=us&taskId=101&prodSeriesId=3662826&prodTypeId=12169

Any host doning mix zoning with other types of storage? (i.e. EVA and MSA accesible from same hba).

kurtg
Panzer_1
Frequent Advisor

I have already applied the hotfix with no luck. As for other types of storage, I have an old EVA4000 managed by CVE6, but they are not in the same zone as my CVE8.1 and EVA4400.
KurtG
Regular Advisor

Has the EVA4400 ever been been managed by the wocp card? It is very easy to wrongly to apply password to the storage system instead of the user logon.

Has the servere after initial installation change role? i.e. prompted to domain controller etc?

Why no install Command View 9.1? Avaliable at the software depot at hp.com

kurtg
Panzer_1
Frequent Advisor

No, it has not been managed by wocp. The server has not changed role, other than it used to be a node in a MS Cluster, but it has now been removed from the cluster. About a possible password problem: I cannot see the HSV controllers in windows device manager, and I think I should even if the EVA was password protected. Or am I wrong? A reinstallation or upgrade og CVE would not do me any good as long as I cant detect the HSV Controllers?
KurtG
Regular Advisor

What os/patchlevel has this server?

If Windows 2003, running HP hba drivers you should find the four EVA devices under scsi cards in device manager. If you can not seem them there (or as unknown devices), you won't be able to mange. It is strongly recomended to use HP storport hba drivers.

The smartstart EVA solution should help you to determin that youre server is ok configure. (hba driver, .net framwork, storportpatch and so on). If your are 100% sure that the server are ok, the problem must resist on the fiberswitches, fiber cables and so on.A nameserver analyses on the fber channel switche would help you to understand if the EVA and the server sees each other.

kurtg
Panzer_1
Frequent Advisor

I am using HP Storeport drivers. I will get someone onsite to find tha smartstart CD and check the configuration. The name server look OK to me.