1752666 Members
5720 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: EVA5000 Hard Drive Status

jhetrick
Advisor

EVA5000 Hard Drive Status

I have a hard drive that shows with a yellow bang but the condition state is populated and I am in a leveling mode for that disk group. The disk LED is solid red and not flashing, so the question I have is...can I remove the disk while leveling or should I wait and replace when it is finished?

My first thought it was offloading and leveling the data, but in the FC disk, replacement instructions it says it would not have the red LED on the drive if it were doing that.
3 REPLIES 3
Dileep..
Trusted Contributor
jhetrick
Advisor

Hi Dileep..

I have seen documentation that says that if the reconstruction or leveling is occurring the hard drive status light will flash red, but in my case, each time I have lost a drive the light stays red and does not flash, does this mean that the drive is offline and ok to remove? I waited for the leveling to complete before I replaced the drive but was curious about the LED status and why it never flashes. Thanks!!
Dileep..
Trusted Contributor

Hello jhetrick,
EVA 5K disk has 3 LED's. see Page66 on below link. If the fault LED link/steady
ON,then the drive is failed. And while a drive fails we need to confirm the completion of reconstruction/migration before replacing it. This can be confirmed from eva controller logs.

http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01052483/c01052483.pdf

Hope this helps.
Dileep