1752601 Members
4518 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

EVA5000 Managed by another agent

John McCabe

EVA5000 Managed by another agent

Hi

we inheritted an eva5000 from another company (without the management server!)
i have setup the latest version of CommandView and SSSU and can see the storage array in so far as i see its name with an explantion mark on it saying its managed by another system.
I go into the SSSU select the system and try to set my new management server to take over as its manager and it seems to be ok until i go to make any other changes and then it throws back saying it is still being managed by another system.

i have used the commands
select system systemname
set system systemname manage

and it hasnt worked... is there any other work arounds?
or how do i blank an entire config of the controllers and array so i can start from scratch?

thanks

John
1 REPLY 1
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Re: EVA5000 Managed by another agent

Hi John,

You should be able to use Command View EVA itself, rather than SSSU, to update the manager. You usually just get a page up saying managed by another system, and you click a button to take over the management.

However you can reinitialise the whole array if you want to, as a work around. Note this will delete all data with no way of going back !

You can do this from the OCP (Operator Control Panel) on the front of the EVA5000 controllers. I forget the actual sequence of buttons but it's fairly self explanatory.

You will need to have the WWID and check sum to reinitialise the array. These are usually printed on a sticker alongside the controllers. Just mentioning this in case you've inherited the thing in pieces, rather than the original rack...

Cheers,

Rob