4760 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: EVA5000 StSys has been lost

Greybeard
Esteemed Contributor

EVA5000 StSys has been lost

Yep no more quorum disks :(
I know there is a process to try and force the enclosures back online (4 shelves full of red lights) in a fully expanded (two cab) 50000. Process as I recall from ages back is "ctrl K" interrupt of HSV boot, and pulling of power from the faulted enclosures but I can't recall all the steps, anyone got the document that has the recovery procedure, pleeese.
Trusted Contributor

Hey Greybeard... I dont have the doc, but I was thinking. What if you were to remove and reseat one of the I/O modules on one shelf? Would that not force a kind of "resync"? That might be enough to get the EVA to "look" at that shelf again and bring it back into the "fold". If everything else does not work, might consider that. Or we can have others say what they think of my suggestion.
Greybeard
Esteemed Contributor

Cheers Marcus but doing a single loop with both controllers down and all quorum disks lost is not a good idea :) All fixed now though, I remembered the rest of the quorum and loop recovery process... eventually.

all done.

Ok... was just a thought. maybe you could share the process? :)
Marcus Schack
Trusted Contributor

I was not aware that both controllers were down. from your description it looked like they were still up. Sorry :)
Greybeard
Esteemed Contributor

Ahh, StSys lost means all quorum disks are missing on both loops, loop A and B down! The recovery takes HP eng with tech support about a day and a half, we got ours back up in 7.5 hours :) I don't think these boxes are big enough for the whole process. Sorry.

No problem. Glad you got it back up. Cheers!!