2644 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: EVA6100 Performance Monitoring

CKYConsulting
Occasional Visitor

EVA6100 Performance Monitoring

Dear All,

We have EVA 6100s on-site and are interested in gathering some performance stats out of them. Basically we want to analyse what our current load is, what IOPS we are on and so on. Would you hence please recommend what is the best tool we could use to gather these stats? I know of EVAPerf and have used it in the past. I find it easy and straightforward to gather data but to analyse them and get some meaningful/interpretable result out of it is bit difficult so any document etc that may help us to do that would also be much appreciated.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

Hello,

evaperf is great for realtime monitoring. It has as well options to capture data into csv for example. Then you can work with it, HP has internal tools to read them in many ways, unfortunatelly they are not public. So it depends what you need. Of course you can ask HP for performance analysis (for example one week), but it cost money / credits - depending on your service agreement with HP.

HP offers Storage Essential software - it can handle evaperf data and create graphs / charts.

Maybe there are third party tools for it, but I do not know them.

Jan

CKYConsulting
Occasional Visitor

Thanks. Would HP Navigator be of any use here?

Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

unfortunatelly I do not know HP Navigator...

jan

error_repair
Occasional Contributor

Try the Solarwinds product. It comes as a fully operating trial for 30 days.