108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: EVA6400 2C4D Configuration

AZayed
Super Advisor

EVA6400 2C4D Configuration

Dears,
Good day,

We ordered EVA6400 C24D but the HP folks configure them into rack. It came 4 enclosures at the button of the rack above them the two controller. We planing to expand and add more enclosures to become 18D. So, can you guide me to find some document to reorganize the EVA to a way to be come expandable Online.

Also, is there any rule to put the disks into the enclosures ?

Thanks a lot.
Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don't quit.
6 REPLIES 6
Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor

Hello,

this is called "factory integration". Such a system comes in a rack.

Check the Hardware User guide

http://www.amrila.com/wiki/lib/exe/fetch.php/hp/storageworks/c01364500.pdf

and the user guide for the EVA for further information.

http://www.amrila.com/wiki/lib/exe/fetch.php/hp/storageworks/c01721462.pdf

Regards,
Patrick
Best regards,
Patrick
AZayed
Super Advisor

Hello Patrick,
How are you doing?

I have all the mentioned documents but I need more document about EVA6400. How can I find these documents?

Thanks
Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don't quit.
Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor

Hello,

what is the required information you are searching for?? Cabling or something else?

Sorry, I just realized, that one of the docs was for 6000/8000 EVAs.

Regards,
Patrick
Best regards,
Patrick
AZayed
Super Advisor

Yes,
I need a document that have enclosures layout and cables for EVA6400 2C4D but I'm planing to add more enclosures in the future.
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

Hi, if you intend to add more disk enclosures in the future, leave space on the rack for them. Put the controllers in the middle of the rack, and leave space below and above them.

You can find more info on the cabling on the: HP StorageWorks EVA6400/8400 M6412A disk enclosure installation instructions.

http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c02248317/c02248317.pdf
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Cabling guide comes with the shelf when you get them separately, usually.

As stated..

Move the Controllers so that there is 18U below and 18U above them to accomodate the disk shelves.

You may need to buy some extra extension cables to reach the top and bottom shelves, or at the very least, move some cables around.

If you pre-arrange the cables, then adding the disk shelves while the EVA is "online" should be simple.

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)