108761 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

EVA6400 drive in maintenance mode

SOLVED
Go to solution
Doug Wilburn
Advisor

EVA6400 drive in maintenance mode

I have an EVA6400 and have been adding some drive enclosures with mostly 1TB FATAs and a few 600GB fc drives. I now have 56 new FATAs and tried to create a disk group, but received an error msg that says "A drive is in maintenance mode". The group does not get created. Any ideas?
7 REPLIES 7
Prakash Singh_1
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: EVA6400 drive in maintenance mode

Hi,

The Drive would be in maintaince mode only when it is under code-load.

Does it happenes with all 56 drives or just one or 2 drives?

Kindly chk the operational status for the same.

If its normal then a reseating of the said drive should fix it.

Regards,

Prakash

Regards,

PS
To assign points on this post? Click the white Thumbs up below!
Prakash Singh_1
HPE Pro

Also, Based on the drive model nos. you can verify drive firmware versions from the below link:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=120&prodSeriesId=1127655&prodTypeId=329290&objectID=c00305257#A7

Regards,

Prakash
Regards,

PS
Doug Wilburn
Advisor

to narrow it down, I created a disk group of 52 drives and the group was created fine. So I know it's one of four remaining drives. Should I just reseat those four?
Prakash Singh_1
HPE Pro

Before reseating it chk for the Operational status,It should be populated data disk.
Regards,

PS
Doug Wilburn
Advisor

on "operational status" in CommandView, it just had a green check mark and said "good". Anyway, just prior to your most recent post, I went ahead and reseated the (3) suspect drives, then tried to re-create the disk group. After re-seating the drive, the disk group created just fine - no errors this time. Thanks for your assistance.
Doug Wilburn
Advisor

I couldn't find a way to determine which drive was in "maintenance mode". Is there a way to determine that?
Prakash Singh_1
HPE Pro

If the DG is created without any errors and if its in normal state post DG Creation then all the drives are good and no more in maintenance state.

Regards,

Prakash
Regards,

PS