1751792 Members
4920 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

EVA8000 disks

Robert Brothers
Frequent Advisor

EVA8000 disks

I have two disk groups on the EVA8000 6.110; the 2nd Disk Group is for one of our ESX Development clusters. I have 5 VDisks in that group, no issues. Comand view 6.0.2

I recently added about 15 300GB drives to the EVA8000. They were all recognized and showed up in Ungrouped Disks.
I went into the ESX group, clicked тАЬAdd DiskтАЭ and added all 15 disks.
It rebalanced the disks out.

This morning I went to carve out some new Vdisks and realized that itтАЩs only showing 2TB available for new disks, when we should have at least 5TB.
Additionally, when I go to create a vdisk, it shows the same тАЬresulting sizeтАЭ for Raid0, Raid1, and Raid5. (Where it normally should show the different resulting sizes based on the type of RAID)

Help?
5 REPLIES 5
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Re: EVA8000 disks

No help available - that is just how CV-EVA works. It shows the max. possible size of the next vdisk (which is 2047GB on an EVA8000), not the disk group's capacity for the VRAID levels.
Robert Brothers
Frequent Advisor

Shouldn't there be more than 2TB available? I think it should be more like 4.5TB
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Again, in the place you looked, CV shows "max. possible vdisk size", not "capacity available in disk group".
Robert Brothers
Frequent Advisor

doh!! Ahhh I got it. Thank you
Robert Brothers
Frequent Advisor

Thank you!