1752798 Members
5857 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: EVA8100 vdisk configuration

GregK1
Occasional Visitor

EVA8100 vdisk configuration

I recently obtained a StorageWorks EVA 8100 unit from another department, which we are planning on integrating into our existing storage infrastructure that consists of 2 smaller EVA units.  The problem that I have run into is that I am limited in the size of vdisk I can create  (2TB limit).  I do not have this issue on the evisting EVA units.

The EVA8100 is running the XCS 6.25 firmware and is being managed through CommandView 10.3.  I am running CommandView on the 60-day Instant-On license while I evaluate if this particular harware will integrate effectively into our infrastructure, but do not want to deal with the expense if it will not help the issue.

Has anyone else run into this issue, and have you been able to have a vdisk created that is larger than 2047GB?  I am looking to configure a vdisk of at least 20TB on this particular EVA to match with what is in use on the existng EVAs.

2 REPLIES 2
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

see

http://h20564.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=mmr_kc-0123930

AFAIR there was no enhanced disk group support for this array model.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

No. The EVA 8100 does not support 'Large LUNs'. 2TB is the maximum.

See https://h20565.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?sp4ts.oid=471497&docId=emr_na-c04790820&docLocale=en_US -- Table 6.1 Supported array features by controller software version

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo