1753518 Members
5073 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: EVAPerf Issue

Dib_2

EVAPerf Issue

Hi All

Sometime ago I have created the evaperf friendlyname file for reportign purpose but when I went to update the same this week (as we have added few more Luns), it is showing me the following error.

C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\EVA Performance Monitor>evaperf fn
Copying fnames.conf to fnames_conf.bak
Attempting to load names from host: 10.47.41.65
Failed to get list of arrays. ERR:0B-E0071 (CVCLIENT) Unknown

I'm not able to restore teh old file as well, as it seems to be corrupted as well.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Dib

3 REPLIES 3
susanta_dutta
Trusted Contributor

Hi Dib,

Looks like file fnamehosts.conf has the entry for 10.47.41.65 host. Check the accessibility of it using "evaperf fnh" command. You would get to see something similar to:

C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\EVA Performance Monitor>evaperf fnh
Verifying access ...

Host Username Accessible
--------- ------------- ----------
10.47.41.65 Yes

C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\EVA Performance Monitor>

Else you can recreate it using "evaperf fnh " command

Where:
- hostname is the name of the management server running HP Command View EVA.
- username is the account user name that was created during HP Command View EVA installation.
- When prompted for a password, enter the account password that was created during HP Command View EVA installation.

If accessibility is ok, check whether this server is able to see the Arrays or not, as per your SAN cabling or zone configuration, may be using Device Manager or Microsoft's fcinfo utility.

FCInfo:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=73d7b879-55b2-4629-8734-b0698096d3b1&displaylang=en

Regards
Susanta
Dib_2

Hi Susanta

For some weird reasons the fnames..conf file is pointing to some unknown ip address which is not my network at all although it doesn't have any entries of any IP address. I have restarted the EVA mgmt server and recreated the fnames.conf file again and this time it has created without any issues at all.

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated.
Dib_2

restarted the EVA Mgmt server and it has resovled this issue