How can i genereta the graphics?

Wait

8 REPLIES 8
Amar_Joshi
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: EVAperf graphics

Fernando,

You are asking a very big question in single sentence. Depends on what you want to draw, I can give a starter tip.

Use TLVIZ to convert the CSV file into pieces (will put HSV controller, Hostports, diskgroup, vdisks, disks etc into individual file). Then pick TLVIZ-*.CSV file to draw charts in Excel (if your data collection is long) please use Excel2007 which can draw 1 million rows compare to 65k in older Excel versions.

HP Internal people use PerfMonkey which you may not have access to and it's tedious to learn too.

My 2 cents.
Timothy Cusson
Valued Contributor

Amardeep,

Where does one obtain TLVIZ?

Thanks,

Tim
Amar_Joshi
Honored Contributor

If you have installed latest EVAPerf (part of CommandViewEVA installation) it should already be installed under same directory.
gstonian
Trusted Contributor

The tlviz formatter tool (evaperf-tlviz-format.exe) is located in the same folder as the evaperf tool.

Start this up and use the csv output file as input to this tool. It will then create several files as output (TLVIZ-...)

You can then use tlviz (available here: http://h71000.www7.hp.com/openvms/products/t4/) to open up the TLVIZ- files and graph away.

Have Fun!
shIVinator.
Valued Contributor

I noticed in you example you put the .

One little tip that will help a lot would be to use friendly names.

Use the following command:

evaperf fnh

and then run:

evaperf fn

The username is the one that you would use to log into CV
Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor

Hello,

it would be a great benefit if HP would release Perfmonkey to alle HP partners over the SPOCK or Smart Portal. :(

Best regards,
Patrick
Best regards,
Patrick
shIVinator.
Valued Contributor

But the major difference being that HP can make money off of perfmonkey by licensing and selling it where they can't do that with SPOCK
Trab
Occasional Visitor

If you think that's good, you should see EVA Preformance Tool For Support! Yet another great tool to show you what's going on with your EVA but HP will not give, or sell, it to use common folk.