1752782 Members
5595 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Emulex LP8000 in EVA 5000

Vianey_2
Advisor

Emulex LP8000 in EVA 5000

someone of you, could help me to know how I need to configure the Emulex FC with the fabric switch for using a EVA 5000?

I had installed the drivers for emulex and interfaces to configure it, the status is Present but the switch tell me the status
"No_ Sync". I tried with two diferents drivers and interfaces but I can not. :(
3 REPLIES 3
Mark Poeschl_2
Honored Contributor

Re: Emulex LP8000 in EVA 5000

What OS and hardware platform are you using? The answer to your question is very platform-specific.
Vianey_2
Advisor

The management Appliance tiene windows 2000 server, el switch me detecta las controladoras del arreglo pero no el management appliance.
Mark Poeschl_2
Honored Contributor

Is this a true management appliance or a Windows server with Command View EVA installed on it? If it's a management appliance it uses a unique driver - NOT the Emulex one. You'd have to completely re-install the management appliance S/W to get things right again.

When you plug the appliance's HBAs into the switch do the LEDs on the HBA change appearance as expected? Is it possible that your switch ports are hard-coded to a speed incompatible with the HBAs? What does the output of 'portcfgshow' on the switch look like?