HPE EVA Storage
1753486 Members
4631 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Eva 4400 Change Default Disk Group

Mauro Basilico

Eva 4400 Change Default Disk Group

I have a question regarding an eva 4400 with 2 disk group.
I need to remove the first disk group but this is the "Default Disk group" and I read that deleting Default Disk Group uninitialize the system.

How can I change the default disk group ?
In CV I don't see any option. Must I use the SSSU?

3 REPLIES 3
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Where did you read that?

From what I have seen, deleting the default disk group causes a "controller resync" (= fast reboot), so yes, that should be done with some care.
Mauro Basilico

Sorry, I maked a mistake.
I have read that "delete default disk group cause host access disruption to the EVA Storage"
Dispite this yesterday deleting the default disk group caused a problem on the controller and 30 minutes of panic.
After deleting DG in CV log I see this error

Nsa object discard failed.
Storage system not initialized

(
My current version EVA CV is 9.02 and don't show the alert specified at this link
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c01007588
)

I already opened a ticket
Sivaramakrishna_1
Honored Contributor

Hi,

If there 2 DGs then Quarum disks will spread across both DGs, Generally 4 will be in 1st DG(Default DG) and 1 will be moved to new DG created. In such case if you delete Default DG then there would be a loss of 4 Quarum disks and Storage system has only one quarum.

Did u open up the WOCP (Manament module) and observe. If my guess is right then it will prompt for continue the storage system with Single quarum. If you select "yes" then it may be boot completely.

I am not sure how much will be confident but you may find something if you open the management module.

Siva