1748129 Members
3527 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Eva8100 internal speed

JOSGARMO
Occasional Advisor

Eva8100 internal speed

What is the internal speed of an EVA8100 HSV210 type, ie from servers to the arrival to the disks, as some say it is 4GBs 2GBs and others,
If I'm sure from servers to 4GBs controllers is

8 REPLIES 8
JOSGARMO
Occasional Advisor

it means or if they can clarify

Drive Interface

Four 2Gb/s FC-AL ports per

controller in redundant pairs, two

paths to each dual ported HDD

Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/12745_div/12745_div.html#Product%20Highlights

A bit confusing. But the host ports (server to controller host port) on the 8100 are 4Gb.

"What is the internal speed of an EVA8100 HSV210 type, ie from servers to the arrival to the disks, as some say it is 4GBs 2GBs and others,"

The 8100 uses loop switches (FC-AL switches), the disk drives are connected in loops to these loop switches.

The ports between the controllers and the loop switches are 2Gb.

On the 8100 you have 8 device ports (connections to loop switches) - which gives 16Gb total bandwidth, as written in the quickspecs above.

JOSGARMO
Occasional Advisor

thank you very much, Johan,

Is there any way or have a hp tool for verifying software or hardware mentioned in the document.

I watched the guide, I can indicate which part of the guide I can take the data you mention

Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

"Is there any way or have a hp tool for verifying software or hardware mentioned in the document.

I watched the guide, I can indicate which part of the guide I can take the data you mention"

Hi, I'm not sure I understand what you want. What do you mean with "verify software or hardware"?

The tool you have for an EVA8100 is the software -> HP's Command View.

JOSGARMO
Occasional Advisor

Thank you very much, Johan, the issue is a tool to verify the measures outlined in the guidance of technical specifications, ie get the number on the guidance of the internal speed 4GBs.

You mention the Command View, Question: I can measure the internal speed of SAN with this.

That is, both the speed to servers and from the disk controllers

The goal is whether the EVA8100 has a speed from servers to 4GBs discs

Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

There is a tool called 'evaperf' that comes with Command View, this you can use to monitor performance. But you cannot use it to actually test the system. evaperf gathers a lot of metrics, I am unsure if the internal port statistics etc are measured with this tool. It's worth a shot though.

JOSGARMO
Occasional Advisor

thank you very much, we will prove

thomas_196
Occasional Advisor

Just to add, you can also use a product called Performance Advisor which ships with Command View 10. This will capture real time performance data metrics from the EVA, like cache hits, processor utilization, host port utilization, backend port utilization, disk and so and put them in nice looking charts for you.

Here is a link to the product page http://h18006.www1.hp.com/storage/software/p6000/pas/index.html

You will need to buy a Performance advisor license for the array you need to monitor.

Tom