New Discussion юеВ

EvaPerf

SOLVED
Go to solution
Andrej Kreuh
Occasional Contributor

EvaPerf

Hi,

When I use Windows perfmon from remote computer to query some EVA performance on server with EVA Command View from Windows perfmon I receive an application popup with this message:

Application popup: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library : Assertion failed!

Program: C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
File: .\trace\stack.cpp
Line: 219

Expression: pl != NULL

For information on how your program can cause an assertion
failure, see the Visual C++ documentation on asserts

EVA Command View is version 9.1
I have allready updated MS C++ redistributable package.
5 REPLIES 5
susanta_dutta
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Re: EvaPerf

Hi Andrej,

Remote performance monitoring with Windows Performance Monitor is not supported. This is mentioned in CV User Guide. However this issue observed intermittently on Local System as well. Its fixed in CV 9.2. Please refer the Release Note: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software11/COL32384/co-80218-1/T5494-96328.pdf

Regards
Susanta
UberSushi
Occasional Advisor

I also have this problem, and it is a pain, because I have no easy way of checking performance when there is a problem (let's face it the command line EVAPERF is a pain in the you know what)

The bigger issue now is to get CommandView EVA 9.2. It doesn't seem to be available for download from HP. This leaves me stranded with a broken Performance monitor and no update to install.

What 3rd party monitoring tools are there for HP EVA's?
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

UberSushi
Occasional Advisor

Thanks Uwe

I have found a work-around for those who cannot/are reluctant to upgrade to 9.2.

If you set the sample time in Performance Monitor to 2 seconds or more, it doesn't fail.

Andrej Kreuh
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I have upgraded our CV 9.1 to CV 9.2
When I run Windows Performance Monitor from HP SiteScope to remote server with CV 9.2 installed it works fine for one or two times. After that I see error message in CV server:

Application popup: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library : Assertion failed!

First I thought It was an evaperf error. But I found out that when I restart "Remote Registry" service the sitescope monitor can run successfully for a few times and after few tries it crashes again.

Program: C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe is actualy "Remote Registry" service.

I quess that the error is not connected with EvaPerf but with windows service.

What should I do?

with kind regards,

Andrej