1753641 Members
4854 Online
108798 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Expanding EVA8400

daanj
Advisor

Expanding EVA8400

I have to expand EVA8400 with new rack and 4 disk encl. At this moment it has 18 disk encl, 6 on each bus. Do I have to turn off eva to add another encl? Manuals says no but I've found some information on forum which says I should do it off-line.
Any suggestions how to do it?
4 REPLIES 4
daanj
Advisor

Re: Expanding EVA8400

And second question. One by one or can I add 2 encl at one step?
hvhari
Esteemed Contributor

New rack & the enclosures in it can be added while EVA is running. As long as the cables are connected properly & no disturbance is made to existing wiring there are no issues . However if there is downtime available, it can be utilised which will take out the risk of disturbing existing cables. All the disk enclosures can be added in one shot once cabling is proper in the new rack.
Regards,
Hari

If this post was useful , click the Kudos Star on the left side to say Thanks!
Bart VI
Occasional Advisor

Daniel,

Check http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c02248317/c02248317.pdf

Please note that it is supported to add enclosures while the EVA is online BUT keep in mind:
- HP stongly recommends the offline method to avoid accidental loop disruption. They recommend this for a reason :-)
- If you have to do the addition online (no downtime possible), do it on a low I/O moment. You do not want to do this on a busy moment. Follow the instructions in above PDF to the letter and you should be fine. Keep in mind though that the slightest error can and probably will mean unexpected downtime.

Hope this helps :)
daanj
Advisor