HPE EVA Storage

Extending EVA8000 LUNs for Exchange Clusters

TomEVAinfant
Occasional Advisor

Extending EVA8000 LUNs for Exchange Clusters

Hi all,

I hope you can advise me on this. I have an EVA8000 device which is providing the LUNs for my Exchange 2007 SCC cluster that I configured. I am coming out of the test phase and I now need to extend the Logs and the Data LUNs to accomodate the migration of users from Exchange 2003 - 2007.

I have performed online extends for Exchange 2003 LUNs and various File server LUNs with no problems in the past and I just wanted to check that I would be able to do this for the LUNs I have presented in my Exchange 2007 Cluster?

I have never extended LUNs for a Cluster config and I suspect it will be fine but I thought I might check just to be certain.

Anyone got some info?
Thanks much
Tom
5 REPLIES 5
Niels Vejrup Pedersen
Respected Contributor

Re: Extending EVA8000 LUNs for Exchange Clusters

Hello Tom,

I've extended LUNs online with both Exchange 2003 and 2007 (both 2k3 and 2k8 clusters) without any problems.

Regards,
TomEVAinfant
Occasional Advisor

OH that is good news.

Was there any need to take down any other Active or passive nodes in order to DISKPART extend?

Or is it as simple as extend the storage from the EVA, then log onto Node 1, run Diskpart and the other nodes see the increase as well?

Sorry if these sound trivial or OTT but I work in a rather strict Change Controlled environment where any glitches have to be explained ad infinitum...ho hum..
Niels Vejrup Pedersen
Respected Contributor

Hi,

No need to take anything offline.

I usually extend the vdisk, log on the the cluster who owns the ressource, do a disk rescan, and uses diskpart to extend the disk.

Thats about it.

Regards
TomEVAinfant
Occasional Advisor

Great stuff, thanks very much for that. I'm extending today so will post success later today for interest. No more advice necessary. Thanks again.
Niels Vejrup Pedersen
Respected Contributor

Good.

And you only have to do this on one node - the one who has the ressource online.

Regards