HPE EVA Storage

FC SAN Switches connection with singlemode

SOLVED
Go to solution
MiguelC
Frequent Advisor

FC SAN Switches connection with singlemode

Hi All,
Think I must put it in SAN area, but here is the question?

At one site, I´ve 2 DL3890 G9 with 8gb emulex HBA 2 ports crossing FC multimode fiber for to 2 FC controllers of MSA 2040 each ctrl with 2 Ports FC + 2 Eth iSCSI + web management, FC cable multimode LC -LC 50/125, now I have other center connected with singlemode fiber. ruler from center A is LC singlemode, and ruler at Center B is also LC singlemode.

Putting a SAN FC switch at each center, I must have several SFP´s multimode 8 Gbps. LC-LC  to connect all HBA and MSA FC Ports at each side but to conect center A to center B I must have one SFP at each SAN switch singlemode conection LC-LC using 9/125 cables.

Centar A and Centar B are at same lan as they have a singlemode link with near 500 mts.

With brocade FC SAN switches what can you recommend to connect Center A and Center B as I have a mixed multimode and singlemode.

Any small help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Cali
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: FC SAN Switches connection with singlemode

To Inter-connect the Switch in A and B, by Single-Mode, simply put an LongRange SFP in the Switch.

For example for the 8/25 SAN Switch:

AW538A HPE B-series 8Gb Extended Long Wave 25km Fibre Channel SFP+ Transceiver 1 Pack

Renember to use Single Mode Patch Cable.

======================
I'm not an HPE employee, so I can be wrong.