1754020 Members
7751 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: FC1142SR with HP StorageWorks 4/32 SAN Switch

Kejo
Occasional Advisor

FC1142SR with HP StorageWorks 4/32 SAN Switch

Am havving a challenge to connect my FC 1142SR HBA to SAN switch ....is ther any special command I should enable on the SAN switch.
11 REPLIES 11
TechHelp24
Frequent Advisor

No Special Command is required. Start the HBA management Tools, and check if the HBA is set as Point-to-Point. Check and make sure Cable and SFP are not defective, and Port settings are correct set.
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

well..

how about "portenable x" (x being the port you but the cable in).

what is the current status of the port in the switch? Do you get link?
If you are using zoning, have you zoned in the HBA with the target?

You can also check on HP SPOCK if the HBA is supported. (But I would assume that the FC1142SR is).
Kejo
Occasional Advisor

hi ,
thanks for your idead ...

Well I have set the port to the right zone and port phisicaly on the switch blinks green ,Can it be a licence issue ? how do I check and see if the licence is fine on tghe port ma working on ?

Thanks
Kejo
Terri Harris
Honored Contributor

From the Brocade command line run SWITCHSHOW and let us know what the status of the port is. Offline, No Module, No Sync? For more detail run PORTSHOW x where x = the Brocade port number you are using to attach the FC1142SR

LICENSESHOW will tell you what licenses are installed

In order for a host to log into a SAN switch, the following conditions must be true:

1. Compatible and working GBIC installed
2. Good FC cable fully seated at both ends
2. OS installed on the host with a supported FC HBA driver

The default port settings should be fine, focus on what is not installed or maybe not working that is preventing the host from logging into the Brocade port. The most important thing to check right now is port status to help identify where the issue is.
Oscar_Maim├│
Regular Advisor

Hi Kejo:
Maybe your switch is licensed for part of your 32 ports. Maybe you may need "Full Ports on Demand license - additional 16 port upgrade license". Please enter licenseshow on your switch.
Otherwise, check that your HBAs are enabled.
Greetings

Oscar
http://oscarmaimo.blogspot.com
Kejo
Occasional Advisor

Hi All ,
thanks for the ideas ....I managed to gget it to work after I had set it to 4Gps from the switch port ...I could then present my LUN to my Server ...now the anather chalenge that I have is to get the server to detect HP storage work MSL 6060. I can to see the library form sun suffer or device manager ...the server is running win 2008 R2 . ONe the same SAN ntwork same zone another win2k3 can see the library,,

Thanks
Michael
Terri Harris
Honored Contributor

"have to get the server to detect HP storage work MSL"
Its being seen in Windows Device Manager on the server.

So what is the problem? Where on the server is it not being detected (?)
Kejo
Occasional Advisor

Hi ,
the problme is server I could not see the tape library from the device manager .

Terri Harris
Honored Contributor

Kejo,

Ok, I misunderstood. I thought you were saying the MSL6060 could be seen by Windows Device Manager and the FC HBA utility.
What is the port status of the Brocade port that the MSL is attached to?