1748180 Members
4230 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Failed DIsk in MSA1000

makmaniax
Occasional Contributor

Failed DIsk in MSA1000

A disk belongs to 'Array A' got failed. I have the hard disk of the same size and model in spare.

Q1: Can I directly unplug the failed disk from BOX 1, BAY3 and plug the spare one on the same position?

Q2: Is there anything that needs to be taken care of after removing the faulty one and before adding the spare hard disk?

Q3: After replacing with the spare disk, will the array will be back to its normal state automatically or do i have to rebuild it manually?

Any step by step procedure will be of great help.

Your swift help is appreciated as I am new to MSA1000.

Regards,
MAK

4 REPLIES 4
Sivaramakrishna_1
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Just remove the failed and insert the new Disk. the controller will take care of the re-build automatically.
makmaniax
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Siva!!!

a small query: if the faulty hard disk is of 72.8 GB with 10K and the spare one is of 72 GB with 15K, will it work?

Faulty hard disk belongs to an array that contains both 72.8GB 10K and 72GB 15k disks.. In this case can I proceed with the replacement of the faulty disk?

Regards,
MAK
Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor

Hello MAK,

the disk must have the same interface (SCSI oder SATA). But the disk can be bigger or faster. So a 146 GB 15k disk should work for a failed 72 GB 10k. In you case the size is the same, but the new disk spins faster - no problem. Just plug it in.

Regards,
Patrick
Best regards,
Patrick
makmaniax
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Pat!!

Its already done.. Thanks a lot for your support..

Regards,
MAK