HPE EVA Storage
1753280 Members
5583 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

False Threshold Alarm Problem

Christopher Dooks

False Threshold Alarm Problem

We have an EVA 6000 and it is split into three disk groups. One of the Disk Groups is showing that the 90% threshold alarm is on when there is clearly enough spare capacity.

Total capacity is showing as 8361.27 GB and Occupancy Total is showing at 10779.75 GB. Now I'm not superb with numbers but that is not right.

The total size of all VDisks in that group is just over 3TB.

Any ideas?
5 REPLIES 5
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

Re: False Threshold Alarm Problem

Did you add disks to that disk group recently? This happens sometimes when the controllers have to recalculate the available space...

The solution is to perform a controller resync.

You can also try to restart both controllers (one after another) but we usually solve this by sending an HP CE to perform the resync, faster and safer.
Christopher Dooks

About 2 months ago we changed all of the discs on our EVA's from 150GB to 300GB drives. This is the last time that disks have been added to the group.

Can we perform a resync ourselves or do we need to call HP for support?
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

You could perform the resync, but I cannot tell you how, it's HP internal information.
HP will send a CE to do that, at least if they want to follow company guidelines.
Christopher Dooks

How likely is it that the resync will solve the problem?
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

It has worked on all the cases I've seen up to now (a few dozen).
A resync is a fast reboot of the controllers, it takes about 30 seconds, so nobody should notice anything.