108783 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: First time using EVA SIMULATOR, how to create login id and password

hpuxmagic
Advisor

First time using EVA SIMULATOR, how to create login id and password

I must be very dummy, but I could not get it done:

the following is the step, in order to log into the simulator:

As usual, I log into my laptop using my id "abcd", for instance,  Then I installed the EVA SIMULATOR. After that, I create a new  group "HP Storage Admins" as suggested by the doc. I add my id "abcd" into this group, also reset the password. However I can not get into EVA SIMULATOR by using "abcd" account, and the just reset password. It give me incorrect login/password message.

What sould I do?or what did I do rong?  Please help!

P.S. This thread has been moved from General to Storage Area Networks (SAN) (Enterprise). - Hp Forum Moderator

3 REPLIES 3
Rajiv
HPE Pro

It is suggested to create a new loca ID for example "CV" and make it a member of HP Storage Admins.

The id 'abcd' which you use to login to laptop, is it a local account or domain account?

You may also have to install the Mgmt certificate onto your laptop when prompted for.

Thanks,
Rajiv

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

hpuxmagic
Advisor

Hi Ravij,

Following your message, I created a new ID "CV", and make it a member of "HP Storage Admins", and reset the password. However, it is not working, got the same error. 

After I create CV, do I need to log off, and log back into my laptop as CV first, before log into SIMULATOR?

To answer your question, "abcd" is a domain id. However, I also made it as a local id, and added in "HP Storage Admins". As I understand, I need to install mgmt certificate if I got the prompted message. In this case, I did not get the message, Do Istill need to and how to install mgmt certificate?

It is really makes me crazy. Thanks for continuing to help me!

Rajiv
HPE Pro

Is the error message "insufficient privileges" or "invalid password", is it possible to take a screen shot ?

Also while logging in use the local account usernname for ex : localaccount\abcd and then give the password.

Thanks & Regards,

Rajiv

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo