6913 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Full Fabric Licenses

DThomson_1
Advisor

Full Fabric Licenses

Hi

I have 4 SAN switches in place and i need to add 3 more switches. I only have a 4 domain license in place. Below are the current and 3 new switches coming.

Switch 1 HP StorageWorks SAN Switch 2/16-EL - Product Number : 344181-B21

Switch 2 HP StorageWorks 4/16 SAN Switch - Product Number : A7985A

Switch 3 HP StorageWorks 4/16 SAN Switch - Product Number : A7985A

Switch 4 HP Brocade 4/12 тАУ C-Class Switch - Product Number : AE370A

The new 3 switches will be HP Brocade 4/12 тАУ C-Class Switch Product Number : AE370A

Ive been told to purchase the following license's and need to confirm if they are correct.

Power Pack Software Bundle, includes bundled license for:

ISL Trunking
Advanced Performance Monitoring
Fabric Watch
Extended Fabric

Power Pack software for 344181-B21
325892-B21

Power Pack Software Bundle for A7985A
Fabric Watch, ISL Trunking, Advanced Performance Monitoring
T3573A

Power Pack Software Bundle for AE379A
T3573A

Much obliged in advance.
4 REPLIES 4
AWilliams_1
Trusted Contributor

Re: Full Fabric Licenses

Among other things, the power pack bundles allow you to set up trunks between the switches, but if you dont need the additional ISL bandwidth then one option is to operate the C-Class switches in the 'access gateway' mode so that they dont take up a domain ID. The ISL link would only be 4Gb with failover capability.
DThomson_1
Advisor

Hi AWilliams

Thanks for the reply. If i wanted all the features then i would have to order all the products mentioned above ? Is this a per switch license ?

At the end of the day, do i need 7 x Power Packs for the 7 switches ?

Also, the "access gateway" on the C-Class switches, can this be implemented when the system is in production or should i do it with the new switches when they are installed ?

Thanks
AWilliams_1
Trusted Contributor

The licences are per switch.
You would turn on the access gateway feature at the time of implementation otherwise during the process all of you servers in the C-Class will lose connection to the rest of the SAN.
I assume you would connect the C-classes to the 4/16 switches, so just check that their firmware level supports access gateway devices before proceeding. It is a simple matter of a checkbox on the first page of the admin web page, then the switch acts as a bunch of ports and all the zoning and fabric operations are handled by the upstream devices.
TechHelp24
Frequent Advisor

--->>> Switch 1 HP StorageWorks SAN Switch 2/16-EL - Product Number : 344181-B21

this is End of Life and End of Sales, you cannot longer purchase License or Support Contract, Excepted! the switch is under Active Maintenance Contract.