Did you mean: 

Re: Get vDisk name from WWID?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jeremy C
Regular Advisor

Get vDisk name from WWID?

(EVA5000, 3.028)

I'd like to know a way to get a list of all vDisks on the EVA, specifically their WWIDs and names (that you see in CommandView).

What I'm getting at is, I'd like to write a script to replace the WWID in evaperf logs with the user-friendly name from CommandView. That would make viewing the vDisk usage graphs a lot more useful.

Is parsing an xml output of SSSU config output the best way to go?

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Hi,

The SSSU command "LS VDISK FULL" would probably be a good place to start...

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Rob
Chris Young_6
Advisor
Solution

Jeremy,

As previosly mentioned, use SSSU to export a list of all the VDisks.

What you want your scripting to modify is the "friendly names" file [fnames.conf], see command view docs. The friendly names file also lets you edit the hosts names down to the hba level. Once these changes are made, the new values will be shown in EVAPerf.
SJO EGGER
Regular Advisor

hello

like chris already said.

1.) open a command line on your CVE host.
2.) go to the eva performance monitor directory (my one is at C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\EVA Performance Monitor).
3.) run "evaperf.exe fnh ".
4.) run "evaperf.exe fn".

now you have the file fnames.conf and the friendly names at perfmon. if you dont like them edit the fnames.conf file.

roland
Jeremy C
Regular Advisor

Thanks for the replies. The friendly names list has made the evaperf data much easier to read.

Since I was already diving into the xml outputs from SSSU, I took a few hours to write a program to extract all those xml output logs and put that info into a relational database. Now I can just use sql to find out whatever I want about my configuration.
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

Is the source code of your XML parsing program something you can share?

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo