HPE EVA Storage
1752570 Members
5374 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP Command View 10 - How to configure email notification and SMTP?

a.rappoport
Occasional Advisor

HP Command View 10 - How to configure email notification and SMTP?

Hi there,

I have installed HP Command View 10 server and configured the email notification settings for both the SMTP server and Email Notification distribution list.

For some reasons, it is not working. I even configured the array-based CV, to no success.

I am missing something here?

(I can telnet to the smtp server via port 25, other software on the server is using SMTP and is working).

thanks in advance for your help.

3 REPLIES 3
Sudhakar Subramaniam
Trusted Contributor

Hi,

The Email notification Configured on CommandView  will not work if the Basic SMTP authentication is enabled in SMTP server (AUTH=LOGIN) and the SMTP authentication is disabled in the Command View Server.

Enable the SMTP Authentication in Command View (that is, supply a valid SMTP userid and password).

Regards

Sudhakar

a.rappoport
Occasional Advisor

Hi Sudhakar,

many thanks for your reply. I did try with and without the authentication, but the username was created on the spot, so I'll confirm that the credentials are actually working and will try again.

Would you be able to confirm the document id referencing the SMTP config details.

Kind regards,

Alex Rappoport.

a.rappoport
Occasional Advisor

hi there,

ok I have tested SMTP basic authentication via putty and it worked fine there.

I have then updated the Command View SMTP panels and triggered some component failures but no emails were sent out. So still not working.

The only thing weird about the CV SMTP config page was the SMTP server field, it only took an IP address, would not take hostname or hostname.domain neither.

Please let me know how to fix this problem...

Many thanks for your help on this.