108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Command view EVA 9.3 - Installation Issues

Rockingly
Occasional Contributor

HP Command view EVA 9.3 - Installation Issues

If you receive the following message:
==================================================
The installer has detected SMIS 2.1.0.0 installed. Upgrade from HP Command View EVA for SMIS 2.1.0.0 is not supported. Please remove the product which is using SMIS 2.1.0.0 and re run the HP Command view EVA 9.3 setup.
==================================================

Uninstall HP RSM (HP StorageWorks Replication Solutions Manager Software) before trying to install HP Command view EVA 9.3.

I just went through this with our EVA 4400 last weekend and figured I would post this incase anyone else was having similar issues.

We had HP onsite while we upgraded our firmware and one of the things they wanted to do was update Command View prior to the firmware update. We were going from Command View 9.1 to 9.3 and received the infamous тАЬPlease remove the product which is using SMISтАЭ message.

The tech from HP acknowledged that he had seen this before with other customers and could never figure out which application was causing it. One of the options he presented was to just go to Command View 9.2, but I wanted to see if we could get the correct version installed. After disabling many / all of the HP related services, a few reboots, and a couple of misses, we finally uninstalled RSM and CV 9.3 installed flawlessly.

Hope this helps anyone having issues upgrading Command View.

2 REPLIES 2
Rockingly
Occasional Contributor

What I posted was the solution, it was intended to help anyone upgrading to Command View 9.3.

Subsequently I found this:
Title: HP StorageWorks Command View EVA Software - Version 9.3 Installation
http://www13.itrc.hp.com/service/cki/docDisplay.do?docId=emr_na-c02612389

Document ID: emr_na-c02612389-1
Submitted Date: 2010-11-12 14:41:33.0
Last Modified Date: 2010-11-15 13:44:30.0

I wish that had showed up last week in the search results!
Chris Knowling
Occasional Advisor

If this solution does not fix it first time, try reinstalling and then uninstalling RSM again.
This wirked in my case- I beleive RSM had previously been upgraded as there were two entries in the Add/Remove Programs Control Panel.

I hope this helps somone out :)