HPE EVA Storage
1748134 Members
3518 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP DC04 SAN Director power pack -- does it come with HP DCFM?

SOLVED
Go to solution
mujzeptu
Super Advisor

HP DC04 SAN Director power pack -- does it come with HP DCFM?

We recently purchased the HP DC04 SAN Director + the power pack for ISLs, etc.

When it arrived we see the CD for HP Data Center Fabric Manager and it has Enterprise, professional plus and professional on it. I see it says get your license key from the entitlement paper, yet we dont have one?

So, my question is, does the DC04 SAN Director come with a license and upgraded version of DCFM, or do you only get the professional (free) version?
5 REPLIES 5
mujzeptu
Super Advisor

Help, anyone?

Anyone that owns a SAN Director DC04 kit should know if it comes with DCFM professional plus or enterprise licensing....???
krusty
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi Mujzeptu,

DCFM is host based software that requires a separate license that is not included with the PowerPack license you got with your DC-04.

The Professional version is free, but you can only manage one fabric at a time. The Pro Plus and Enterprise only vary by the number of ports the product supports. You can load the Enterprise version in "trial mode" for I think 45 days or so. The Pro Plus and Enterprise versions do have a Oracle database under the hood, so the requirements (CPU, RAM, etc) are more for the server you install it on.

Cheers,

Curt
"In Vino Veritas"
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

From the FAQ:

http://www.brocade.com/downloads/documents/faqs/DCFM-FAQ-External-9-15-09-Final.pdf

and

http://www.brocade.com/products/all/management-software/product-details/dcfm-professional/features.page

The Enterprise version is required if you want to manage Brocade DCX Backbone and FICON."

The HP DC04 however - which is the Brocade DCX-4S - do work in Professional and Pro Plus.
mujzeptu
Super Advisor

Thank you guys!

Another question, I have a HP SVSP environment that requires two fabrics. Can I make a virtual fabric on the DC04 to have my total of two fabrics? Then can the professional version work to manage "two fabrics"?

Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

I doubt that would work, but maybe.

Why not just start with the professional as it's free, and if you can live with having to only be able to manage one fabric _at a time_ (you can switch between them) - maybe you don't have to get the pro plus/enterprise?