1752756 Members
4796 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP EVA 6300 leveling pending

Rustam1
Regular Visitor

HP EVA 6300 leveling pending

Hi. We have HP EVA 6300 with 33 disks (each with 300 GB). All of them are united in one group, in which there are 10 Vdisk. Disk drive failure protection equals = Single. Free space 17%.

Recently, one of the disks went bad. Without glancing in the CV, we inserted a new disk (bay 13). But when we went into CV, we saw that another disk (bay 15) with the mark "Attention" (Operational state: Operation in progress; Data state: Migrating). We added a new disk (bay13) to the group, but it already shows 2 days: Occupancy: 0.00 GB and in the group properties shows: Operational state: Attention; Transition state: Leveling Pending
Please help in this matter

Yes, and forgot to add that all vdisk in Raid5

5 REPLIES 5
RogerVI
Regular Advisor

the disk of what bay failed ?

Roger
Rustam1
Regular Visitor

13 Bay failed and was replaced

Rustam1
Regular Visitor

ie, as far as I understand at the moment, 2 disks are not actually used.

I thought that there might not be enough space for leveling, and set Disk drive failure protection = None, but it did not help and still shows 0% of leveling

RogerVI
Regular Advisor

Check the free space of the disk group and the level of protection. Probably you have the move data to another place and remove vdisk for space. Then the leveling will start.

Roger
Rustam1
Regular Visitor

I tried to reduce the size of VDISK directly from CV, but it was an unfortunate idea. Now the process of changing the size of the LUNs also hangs out and does not even allow to remove the LUN ((((  (before delete vdisk I unpresent it from all hosts)

If I will restart the two controls one by one, I will not lose data? And how much does it help?

Or can try to remove vdisk via SSSU? (DELETE VDISK "\Virtual Disks\VD01") or an error will occur there, too?

Or how can I manually stop the process of changing the size of the disk in order to be able to remove the disk