1752751 Members
5098 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

HP EVA Command View question

Jose Ruiz
Regular Visitor

HP EVA Command View question

I have  two HP Command Views Management consoles; one is a Server Based HP StorageWorks COmmand View, v9.4, and the second one is a Array Based HP p6000 Command View Storage, v10.2.   The first on manages two EVAs, an EVA8000 and an EVA p6500, the latter one manages an EVA p6550.  All of them connected to the same Storage Area Network locally, for simplicity, to the same redundant SAN switches.

I will be separating the EVA 8000 from the SAN mentioned above. I am hoping to use the Server Based Management (SBM) console to continue managing this EVA 8000 in a separate SAN.    What I'm trying to find out is if the Array Based Management (ABM) console, which currently manages one storage array (EVA p6550)  can manage also the EVA p6500. 

Based on what I have read, it looks like the ABM can only manages one storage array,  and that I will need an additional SBM for the remaining EVA p6500, once I moved the EA8000 and its Command View console.  I just need to make sure this is the case so that I don't procure additional unnecessary equipment.

Any information, or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
gregersenj
Honored Contributor

Re: HP EVA Command View question

Command View ABM, can manage 1 EVA/P6000 only, and that is the Array it is installed in.

BR

/jag

Accept or Kudo

giladzzz
Honored Contributor

Hi

as mentioned the Command View ABM, can manage only one EVA but your EVA P6550 should also have ABM installed inside all you need is to open a browser to it's IP address and if not configured to the default address 192.168.0.1 and define the address according to your enviorment.

of course you will manage each EVA seperatly.

Regards

Jose Ruiz
Regular Visitor

Thanks, I will try that.