4928 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP EVA P6000 Problem

netrefer
Visitor

HP EVA P6000 Problem

Hi Support

I am writing on behalf of the company I work for.

We have recently acquired an HP EVA P6000 Controller (brand new) with Command View Software and Licensing.

While trying to set this up using pre-owned disks which were bought out of a configured P6000 Controller belonging to some one else we've encountered a problem wherby we cannot initialize the controller since an existing configuration exists on the purchased disks, we are using 8 x 450 GB 15K HP Disks.

Our question comes here, is there a way we can wipe out the previous configuration from these purchased used disks to configure them for our environment and hence initialize our Controller and activate the license etc... ?

We were told that we might have to purchase brand new disks to initialize the controller than we can add our used purchased disks to add capacity and remove the previous configs, but this would incur extra charges which we would like to avoid.

Help would be highly appreciated.

I look forward to hear from you,

Kind Regards,

Jason Buhagiar obo NetRefer 

4 REPLIES 4
giladzzz
Honored Contributor

hi

you can uninitialize the system from the controller through the controller panel

go through the menu and do it from there after that you will have to put in the new

WWN and Checksum 

Regards

netrefer
Visitor

Thanks for your reply, will try again today and confirm if it works.

Thanks again

netrefer
Visitor

Hi again

Our EVA is currently un-initialized and the problem is we cannot find a way to initialize it with the second-hand disks bought off another EVA. 

Would your recommendation still work considering the above?

In short we are trying to initialize the new EVA using previously configured Disks, instead of initializing the EVA with brand new disks.

I look forward for your reply,

Kind Regards,

jason

giladzzz
Honored Contributor

Hi

there shouldn't be a problem to use disks from another EVA once you have managed to un-initialized the system

from the front panel. meaning you have to input the WWN and Checksum from the front panel than you can initialize the EVA.

good luck.

Regards