4756 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP EVA SMI

Murthy_4
Occasional Advisor

HP EVA SMI

Hi All,

I have a small program which tries to fetch the instances for the HP EVA SMI Provider classes.
Previously(with SMI for CV EVA 8.x) when queried I was getting the instances for HPEVA_StorageSystem, HPEVA_StorageCapabilities, HPEVA_StorageProduct, HPEVA_PhysicalPackage and so on. But now(with SMI for CV EVA 9.x) the program fails to retrieve the instances. On checking the MOF, I found the classes as CIM_RegisteredProfile, CIM_Namespace and so on but not the former.

Is there a way that I could get the instances for HPEVA_xxxxxx? Is this something to be done with the SMI configuration?

Please let me know.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Sam.
6 REPLIES 6
Anil Kumar Noone

Re: HP EVA SMI

there is no change b/w 8.x and 9.x SMI-S EVA.
Please check if you are using right name space- root/eva to contact SMI-S EVA Provider.

Also please share exception logs if there are any to debug the issue..
Murthy_4
Occasional Advisor

Hi Anil,

Thank you for replying.

Yes, I am using the namespace as root/eva. But I am getting the instances only for HPEVA_StorageSetting.

Earlier I used to get the instances for HPEVA_StorageSystem, HPEVA_StorageCapabilities, HPEVA_StorageProduct, HPEVA_PhysicalPackage and so on using the same program.

Regards.
Anil Kumar Noone

can you copy and paste the test o/p of HPEVA_StorageSetting ?
Are you able to see EVA arrays using CV EVA GUI ?
Adam Wambolt
Occasional Contributor

May want to try reinstalling the SMIS providers, this can be done without affecting Commandview and does not require a reboot.
Murthy_4
Occasional Advisor

Hi Anil,

Pease find the file attached.

By the way, connecting to CV EVA GUI I am able to see proper information related to the Array, Array Controllers,Disk Groups, Virtual Disks and so on.

Anil Kumar Noone

Ok, there seems to be some issues with EVA discovery via SMI-S ! Could you please capture Provider/CIMOM logs and send it across ?