108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP HSV200 SCSI Array Device

SOLVED
Go to solution
Martin Smoral
Trusted Contributor

Re: HP HSV200 SCSI Array Device

Only thing i can think of is that the wwn's in CV are old and not really available. Try deleting the wwn's/hosts in CV(probobly need to unpresent the vdisks form the host before you can delete them) for the servers that do not see their luns and see if they show back up. If they do not show up after deleting them, then there is a problem with the zoning. If they do show up, then sounds like the zoning is good.

Although the CV server wwn's must be good otherwize you would not be able to manage the EVA from there.
Mihai F
Occasional Advisor

Martin,

I'm rebuilding the zoning on my switches to see maybe that helps. I am a litle confuse about the WWN #. If I run shitchshow, I see the WWN as 10:00....:af:a1, but if I use the WEBTOOL on that switch, after I create the Alias, for that particular port I have: Emulex Corporation 20:00:...:af:a1, then under this I see Emulex Corporation 10:00:...:af:a1 (the same number as showed in the switchshow result). If I click on any of these two, I have the Add Member enabled, and I actualli can add both two. My understanding is that I need to add the one that appears in the switchshow result, no?
That's what I did first time, but should I try the second one, that starts with 20:???

Thank you.
Martin Smoral
Trusted Contributor

I usually do everything from the Web admin Gui and just go to the zoning page. Create a Zone member alias (ie. SERVER1_hba1, SERVER1_hba2, EVA_CTRLA_FP1) for each of the wwn's then create a zone for each HBA/EVA Port and then add all those zones to a config, then activate the config.
Mihai F
Occasional Advisor

Ok, here is what I've done:
-on the switch1 and switch2 I created the Aliases for the server, and EVAs (Server1, EVAtop, EVAbot).
- I created the zone ZONEServer1, with Server1, EVAtop, and EVAbot as members. All the WWNs are assigned correct.
- saved and enabled the configuration, so everything looks good there.
- On CV, I created the host Server1 and added the ports as the WWNs that Server1 Alias has on the Switch1 and Switch2.
- created a VDisk, and presented to the host Server1.
- remote into server1 and reboot, rescan for disks, rescan for hardware changes...and still nothing...
I really don't know what else I can do :(
Martin Smoral
Trusted Contributor

Wow i am running out of ideas. Under the Command View did you set the correct OS type to Windows. I can't remember if it is under Host or the Vidisk Presentation tab ?
Mihai F
Occasional Advisor

Yes, is under the Host, and I selected the Windows one, because I'm running Windows server 2003 on all the servers.
I don't know much about this, but it might be the Server (Host) that has the problem.
Could you please list for me the necessary software/drivers that I need on the host in order to see the VDISKs?
I have the latest full feature MPIO (HpMpioFFEVA3.03.zip), I have the "FC Port driver Emulexfcportkit_2-42a0-1c.exe" installed, I installed the "Microsoft Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller Update.exe".
My Fiber Cards on the servers are "HP FC2242SR 4GB PCI-e DC HBA" (part A8003A) . Could you please point me to the right driver for it, just to make sure I have the right one?
Martin Smoral
Trusted Contributor

I would uninstall this "FC Port driver Emulexfcportkit_2-42a0-1c.exe" because i do not see it supported on the HP site and

get the W2003 HBA drivers here http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=1143907&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=1809835&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=1005
looks like the lastest storport driver is 2.10x1 dated 22 Apr 2009

or

get the W2003 64bit edition drivers here
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=1143907&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=1809835&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=1060
looks like the lastest storport driver is
6-2.01a4 dated 13 May 2009
Mihai F
Occasional Advisor

Oh well...I did that and no luck..the Host still cannot see the VDISK.
I might call HP to see if I get any help from them.
BTW, I am not sure, but in my opinion the issue is at the Host level. Could you please list everything that I need to have install on the Host in order to communicate with the SAN? Any piece of software that I'm missiong? Or is there anything I can install to troubleshoot the communication between these two?
Martin Smoral
Trusted Contributor

I have another idea to see if it is a host problem or a EVA Problem. How about see if the Server can see the Fibre Tape library over the SAN Fabric. Just go to whichever switch the MSL is plugged into. Create a Alias for the MSL, then create a Zone called SERVERA_Backup and add the Server and MSL as members, then add that zone to the current config and re-enable it. Then go to the server and scan for new HW and see if it sees the MSL. If it does then the single HBA/Driver that goes to that switch seems to be working on the server and your doing the Zoning correctly.
Mihai F
Occasional Advisor

Wow...I finally got it to work.
Martin, I appreciate all your help...it helped me understand and learn a lot about the SAN configuration.
The problems was actually with the Cashe Battery Modules for both Enclosures. Both were deffective, and that was the reason the Hosts didn't see the Presented VDISKs.
I called HP, and they replaced the batteries for the controllers, and that was it...5 minutes after that, I Rescan for disks in Disk Management, and I was able to see the Presented VDISK.
I'he never thought that those batteries could cause the VDISK presentation to fell, withouth throwing any errors.
Also, thank you Martin for pointing me to the right software/drivers I needed for the Hosts. I'm pretty sure I would have had some issues withouth them.
Thanks again