5224 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Multipath on RHEL5.2 for Emulex

pymsh
Frequent Advisor

HP Multipath on RHEL5.2 for Emulex

Hi all,
We have two DL580G4 with Emulex DC HBA's that have connected to EVA8000 through SAN.
To install Multipath software on RHEL5.2, i downloaded and installed this files:

device-mapper-1.02.24-1.el5
device-mapper-multipath-0.4.7-17.el5
HPDMmultipath-4.4.0.tar.gz

But in installing the last one, i see this error:

Multipath-tools could not be found! Exiting...
Note: Install device mapper multipath-tools provided with the Operating Systems before installing the HPDMmultipath-4.4.0 kit...

I think this problem is from Multipath-tools, but i dont know how can i install this Multipath-tools on OS.
Any help will be appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Alzhy
Honored Contributor

That is strange.

Can you please do:

rpm -qa|grep device

I notice your device mapper versions are way old though for the new(er) HPDMmultipath 4.4.0 (which is geared really for RHEL 5.4 and possibly newer versions of the device-mapper and device-mapper-multipath software).

You may want to just update your device-mapper and multipath to 1.02.39-1 and 0.4.7-34. That's what I have installed.

Also wonodering WHY you had to add the OS multipathing software though. It should be there installed by default and you should just be able to install HPDMmultipath.

You can try:

updating the RHEL device-mapper and device-mapper-multipath suites AND try HPDM 4.4.0

OR

staying with those revs yo have installed AND try a lower version of HPDM -- say 4.2.0 ?

HTH.

Hakuna Matata.
pymsh
Frequent Advisor

hi,
I could install HPDM successfully, the problem was in version of multipath softwares.
Now i have presented a volume to the server and want to blacklist sda, sdb, sdc, ..., because our Oracle Admins don't like to see these volumes and want to work just with dm-0.
I tested some ways in /etc/multipath.conf file to blacklist sda, sdb and others, but i could not and i still have these names in Fdisk -l output.
Is there anyone that tested this issue?
Thanks.
Alzhy
Honored Contributor

So what is your issue now sir?

Can you clarificate please? Do your DBAs simply want "friendly" names out of your EVA8000 presentations for their ASM or ASMLib needs.?
Hakuna Matata.