1752565 Members
5605 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP StorageWorks Command View EVA v9.2 upgrade

pisach

HP StorageWorks Command View EVA v9.2 upgrade

Hello,
I need to upgrade "HP StorageWorks Command View EVA" to the last version from version 7.0.
The current version is too old and I have to remove completely in order to install the new one.
The system has been rolled-out from a CD called "HP StorageWorks Command View Eva Software Suite" and I have to remove it.
I'm not confident what will be impact for the service and the current configuration.
Also I don't know all the dependent SW which I need to install with the new CommandView.
I have:
HP_StorageWorks_Command_View_EVA_v9.2_SBM_and_ABM_Software_ISO_format_T5494_10018.iso
HP_StorageWorks_Command_View_SSSU_v9.2_software_T5494_10019.iso
T5494-10503.zip
Do I need something else, like SMI-S EVA?
The system is Windows Pro. 2003

Thank you in advance!
7 REPLIES 7
Sivaramakrishna_1
Honored Contributor

Hi,

For this, just you can un-install the Command View EVA 7 and reboot the machine and run the setup file extracted from the "HP_StorageWorks_Command_View_EVA_v9.2_SBM_and_ABM_Software_ISO_format_T5494_10018.iso". SMI-S EVA is also part of the installation . Just ensure that server is having SP2 installed with latest patches and FC HBA Driver. You may need KB932755 patch from Microsoft while upgrading the FC HBA driver to latest.
Hope this will help you,

Thanks,
Siva
Thanga_1
Valued Contributor

pisach

Thank you for the fast replays!
I see that after the installation of CV 9.2 the following packages still the same:
HP StorageWorks EVA perf. Mon. - 7.0.0.44
HP StorageWorks SMI-S CIMOM - 2.5.1.39
HP StorageWorks SMI-S Eva - 7.0.0.15

Should I remove or upgrade them?

Thanks!
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Check out this patch too please

Command View EVA 9.2.1 Patch:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=US&swItem=co-84221-1

Don't know about the SMI-S packages.
pisach

Thanks Johan G, I have it installed.
I am asking about "SMI-S EVA", because it looks like it's important part from the EVA software package. It wasn't removed when I uninstalled the old EVA 7.0 media kit, so it has been installed additionally but I couldn't find newer version of it.

Thanks!
pisach

I found the answer in the release notes of CV 9.2

"If a version of HP SMI-S EVA earlier than 8.0.x is installed, you must remove it before installing HP
SMI-S EVA 9.2."

EVAPerf is also included in the new CV installation.

And it looks like "HP StorageWorks SMI-S CIMOM" is also included in the ISO file.

So I had to uninstall all three of them in advance. I have another site to upgrade so I will try.

Regards,
pisach

I got very fast and accurate replays of my question!