108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP-UX 11.23 devices hw path change when connecting to sanswitch 8/80

SOLVED
Go to solution
Serge Briere
Occasional Contributor

HP-UX 11.23 devices hw path change when connecting to sanswitch 8/80

Keeping the same domain id and port# when moving hba's and EVA connections from 4/64(6.4.0c) to 8/80 (6.4.0c), the hw paths change:

0/3/0/0/0/0.31.8.0.0 become : 0/3/0/0/0/0.31.55.0.0
and
0/3/0/0/0/0.31.16.0.0 become : 0/3/0/0/0/0.31.79.0.0

Is there something special in swith8/80 or FabOS 6.4.0c that make this move not transparent to HP-UX?
3 REPLIES 3
SunnyS
Advisor

Re: HP-UX 11.23 devices hw path change when connecting to sanswitch 8/80

Is the NPort ID (HBA and/or EVA) changing ? if yes, then that is part of the reason why the path is changing.

krusty
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi Serge,

Try checking the configuration of the PID (Port IDentifier). You can checked it with a "configshow". It will be the parameter "fabric.ops.mode.pidFormat". This is probably why the paths are changing between the switches.

Depending on the setting (0,1,or 2) will affect the paths to the host. The two switches probably have different settings. Not knowing your environment and what you are trying to do I can't suggest a solution, however. There would be several ways to change over, all requiring details of your environment. You may bee some consulting (Full disclosure - I am with HP and I do consulting). That being said, we can try to help in this forum, but you may want to call in some help, depending on your skill sets and bandwidth.

Cheers,

Curt
"In Vino Veritas"
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Looks like you are using different ports anyhow, but you may consider to vgexport/vgimport the disks to adjust this.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!