5434 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion

HPCC data collector - How to upload a List of Hosts

Mike_Cool
Occasional Advisor

HPCC data collector - How to upload a List of Hosts

Hi,

Can you let me know how can i upload a list of hosts to HP configuration collector. I get a option to add device one by one which is painfull.

Thanks
Mike
1 REPLY 1
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

Re: HPCC data collector - How to upload a List of Hosts

Not trivial, but doable. Add the first, then save the config file and exit HPCC. The config file is simply a formatted .XML file; you can reduce the multiple lines for each entry to a single line. And replace the ...password="long-encrypted-key"... with ...password="dummy".... So you wind up with a bunch of
lines with appropriate type, name and address, one for each host.

Save the .XML file and restart HPCC. Hopefully, you can use the same credentials for blocks of (all?) hosts. On the Collection Setup tab, select all the hosts with the same credentials. Edit, and choose "Make the same edits to all selected items". Then put in the valid credentials and Apply. Sometimes it makes me Apply more than once; don't know why. Once the edit window is closed, all those hosts now have the desired (encrypted) credentials.

---
Don't forget to assign points to all your questions' answers!

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo