1748058 Members
5393 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HSG80 DS event log

Greybeard
Esteemed Contributor

HSG80 DS event log

Hi all, blast from the past, can anyone recall how to get the log for the DS event log analyser from the CLI on the controller? FW 8.7 (I know it should be 8.8 but hey, it's soon to be scrapped)
Honored Contributor

Re: HSG80 DS event log

Doesn't ring a bell - what das "DS" mean?
You aren't talking about FMU, are you?
Greybeard
Esteemed Contributor

Hi, no I tried the FMU show last all full, Device_error and Device_info. Saved the output to a .txt but none of those will parse in the DS event log analyser program. Unfortunatly the manual just says use a DS log in .txt format and it's been about 8 years since I last saw one of these beasties and I can't remember how to get a DS log.
Also the only access I have is me mailing a remote admin who captures command output and sends it back (hence wanting to get the lot in one file). Issue is that Bottom controller comes up, cluster 1st node falls over and will not boot. Offline bottom controller and server boots!!

Hi, on tru64 in /lbin there was hszterm5, which allowed you to connect through OS instead of serial, and you could capture output like that. which OS are you on.

Also, I had the issue you are describing when I was running dual HSG80s, and it turned out to be the watchdog chip on the 'other' controller causing the issue. if that fails the controllers cant see each others status properly.

HTH

regards

Matt
Greybeard
Esteemed Contributor

Hmm, watchdog may be a good call, the O/S is windows cluster but server access is "restricted" so that's a no go. I'll see if I can dig out another controller.

Well, swapped the controller, no more errors so thats that ;~)
cheers all.

see above