1752340 Members
5746 Online
108787 Solutions
New Discussion

HSG80/SW2200 ECB Battery questions

fstforward
Occasional Visitor

HSG80/SW2200 ECB Battery questions

I work for a third party maintenance company.  We have replaced the cells in the HSG80/SW2200 enclosure ecb cache battery assemblies, and they are fully charged, but when we install them in an HSG80, using the FRUTIL program, they reset the expiration date to ~2 years from the date of replacement, but within a month or so the HSG gives a cli message that the batteries will be expiring soon and should be replaced.

Is there a command to reset the logic in the HSG ECB Battery assembly so that it doesn't falsely report it is to expire soon?  Using FRUTIL does not do this, I am suspecting it was a factory issued command/unility, but would like to know so that when we replace the cells we can make the batteries useable again.

Thanks

Rick

3 REPLIES 3
Sudhakar Subramaniam
Trusted Contributor

Re: HSG80/SW2200 ECB Battery questions

Setting BatteryExpiration Date

1. To set the batteryexpiration date on an HSG80 controller, first set the date and time on the controller:

CLI> SET THIS_CONTROLLER TIME=dd-mmm-yyy:hh:mm:ss

2. Start FRUTIL with the following command:

CLI> RUN FRUTIL

FRUTIL will display the following:

Do you intend to replace this controllers cache battery? Y/N

3. Enter Y(es). Then follow a procedure (such as replacing the cache battery) and the time will be set.
Sudhakar Subramaniam
Trusted Contributor

The cache batteries on the HSG80 and HSZ80 controllers have a shelf life of two years from the date on installation in the controller. The expiry date is stored on the in the controller so that Customer's are reminded when the batteries are coming towards the end of their life.

So in your case i think it is taking the previous data

fstforward
Occasional Visitor

The date and time had been previously set on the controllers.  We had an expired set of batteries which we opened up and replaced with the exact same cells, purchased new for this repalcement.  After replacing them, we installed them in the controller, and within a month it was complaining that the batteries were expiring.

I ordered new cache ECB batteries, hp part # 126312-001. installed them using the frutil program, and have had no further issues.  I know there is logic contained within the battery module and think that when the battery modules go back for repair, there is csomething reset on the battery logic to mark it as "new".  I jjust need to find out how to mark these as new, with new batteries, so they are useable.

RJ