1753307 Members
6016 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HSV200-A controller B error

najibakiki
Frequent Advisor

HSV200-A controller B error

Hi all my HSV200 controller hangs up and it give me an error on the CV and the EVA alarm runs up.

I went to controller termination event logs and i found:

The EDC used to test the validity of the Last Termination Event area in nonvolatile memory was bad; termination processing was not initiated, the HSV200 controller's PowerPC was spontaneously reset.

i went for its coorective action code it shows me this:

CAC Description
20 Replace the HSV200 controller Field Replaceable Unit (FRU). Note that the FRU must be a single power supply type if so indicated in this event's detailed information. Top ├в

├в >39 If this event is an isolated occurrence, then no further action is necessary. If this event occurs more than once in a three month period, perform Corrective Action [20]. Top ├в

What do they mean by the FRU and how do i replace it or i attemp to replcae the whole controller

U check attached the Controlelr termination event and the corrective action

Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
IBaltay
Honored Contributor

Hi,

when the EVA HW intitalize, the built in self test (BIST) image verifies if the controller
functions are able to support the firmware image execution. All PowerPC related components are being tested...
If any BIST diagnostic test fails, the amber LED on the EVA OCP lights and all controller├В┬┤s activity stops. In that case the controller must be replaced.
the pain is one part of the reality
najibakiki
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

Nothing fail when the controller restart at the diagnostic pt, in fact it keeps working for around one week without any probs and then suddently it hangs with the above errors.

So No leds light when restarting the controller, So if no HSC replacement is needed what do they mean by:
Replace the HSV200 controller Field Replaceable Unit (FRU).

What is the problem then?

Note that i checked in the CV no failure at the level of blowers neither Fans or power supplies ....

Any ideas?
IBaltay
Honored Contributor

Hi,
is there anything suspicious in the controller log pls?
najibakiki
Frequent Advisor

Nothing weird escept what i already attached the first post
IBaltay
Honored Contributor

have you attached also the controller log? it is different from the termination log
Phillip Thayer
Esteemed Contributor

Naji,

You need to contact HP and initiate a service call on this. It looks like the entire controller needs to be replaced.

Phil
Once it's in production it's all bugs after that.