1753829 Members
8877 Online
108806 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: High amount of disk failures BF600DAJZT on Eva hsv400

eduard vrieling_1
Occasional Advisor

High amount of disk failures BF600DAJZT on Eva hsv400

Gooday I have three Eva standing sidebyside and only one is using BF600DAJZT in a diskgroup of 160 in a HSV400. As of august 2013 I have received a high amount of disk failures. I think I replaced more than 70 disks in the past half year.

My disk group is at 90% of its capacity so leveling is taking more than 5 day's

HP did confirm the error on the disks after they examined the disks in the laboratory. I would like to know if I am the only one with this problem.

P.S. This thread has been moved from Storage>General to Storage Area Networks (SAN) (Enterprise). -HP Forum Moderator

2 REPLIES 2
webexec
Occasional Contributor

Starting to see an increase in failures with this model as well.

sohan06
Regular Visitor

Disk failures occur due to many reasons. Some cautions that you can take are mentioned below:-

1) Keep the firmware of EVA controller and disks, enclosures updated. this helps in it.

2) Keep the temperature of Data Center in optimal range. Too much heat can also result in multiple failures.

3) Check the sulphur and adulterant amount in air under control in the data center by getting it checked.

4) Check the air filter EVA and provide a preventive maintenance on it(dusting of air filter).

Please follow these regulations regularly and you may definitely decrease the failures in your EVA, as normally these drives have high fault tolerance.

Thanks and regards,

Harinder Singh

harindersinghchib@gmail.com