HPE EVA Storage

How many san switches in cascade can be with 2 Domain Fabric license

WilliamSmith11
Super Advisor

How many san switches in cascade can be with 2 Domain Fabric license

Hi
I have two san switches that return from the licenseshow command:
2 Domain Fabric license.
How many san switches in cascade can be in cascade if the other switches say fabric license.

rperez
2 REPLIES 2
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

Re: How many san switches in cascade can be with 2 Domain Fabric license

A switch with a "2 Domain Fabric" license will only ISL to one other switch: "2 Domain" == "2 switches".

And, don't forget to APPLY YOUR POINTS! As of this writing, you have assigned points to 561 of 590 responses

WHY SHOULD YOU DO THIS?
There are 3 reasons why rating replies is such an important feature:

1.) Others have taken time to help you, so please give them credit for their help.
2.) Your rating will help your peers earn points toward their Forums status, and you will validate the quality of the solution you've received.
3.) Other readers will understand which answer best solved a problem, enriching the community knowledge being shared.

Points should be applied to EVERY MESSAGE in the thread of ANY AND ALL of your questions that have "Unassigned" next to the date and time. Go to your profile, and click on the "Questions or topics with unassigned points" link. The button to apply points is on the bottom of each thread's page.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

Kites BM
Regular Advisor

Re: How many san switches in cascade can be with 2 Domain Fabric license

2 Domains
2 Switches
2 Licenses
and 2 Smiths

What a co-incidence?? Hehe

Cheers,
Kites