1752795 Members
6380 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How to See Business Copy Data

v2007

How to See Business Copy Data

Hi,

We are using Business Copy for our SAP system. The data of SAP system will be synchronized to the space if Business Copy. We want to present the Business Copy to file system like Windows or HP-UX. So that we can utilize the data for other purpose. Appreciate if some one can provide a step-by-step guide to show me how to do that.

Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

You can only present the snapshot/snapclone vdisk to an operating system that is exactly the same as the source.

Can you provide information about your SAP platform?
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
TTr
Honored Contributor

Here are the high level steps
1. Quiescent the database
2. Split the BC mirrors
3. Assign the target LUNs of BC to the new server
4. Use the LUNs in the new server.
v2007

hi Ivan,

Thanks for information. Our SAP is running on HP-UX 11.23. The Oracle database is also running on HP-UX 11.23. I'm new to business copy, please give me step by step guide. Thanks in advance.
v2007

Hi TTr,

Thanks for the information. Do you have more details about step 2 and 3?
TTr
Honored Contributor

For step 2 the last I remember is that there is an XP software suite that gets installed on the HP servers, it was called HORCM, and it had the "pairsplit" command that would split the mirrors.

For step 3 you can do it ahead of time, the target LUNs of the BC setup, should be assigned to a separate server from the XP management utilities. The target LUNs are NOT assigned to the database server, only the source BC LUNs are assigned to the database server.
v2007

We are using the HP Data Protector to automate the Business Copy process. People tell me that we need to write script to present Business Copy LUNs to file system (In our case, we are using HP-US 11.23). I also read document mentiones Command View can do that. Please give me some advice as I'm quite new to HP data Protector, HP-UX and Business Copy.