HPE EVA Storage
1752272 Members
5646 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

How to clean out remnants of RSM for reinstallation?

Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

How to clean out remnants of RSM for reinstallation?

Anyone know how to get rid of all the remnants of RSM? I have had RSM running in *demo* mode and recently had a major file corruption on a disk drive. Trying to remove with Add/Remove Programs failed. I tried installing 3.1, but after the installation, all of the simulation configuration menu is grayed out. And if I try installing 4.0, it wants to migrate the database, but is unsuccessful and won't install 4.0.

Just making sure the "HP RSM Database" and "HP RSM Server" services are gone, and deleting the C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\RSM directory tree is not enough. Anyone know if there are other directory trees and or registry entries that need to be wiped as well?

Thanks in advance (and points of course)

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

3 REPLIES 3
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

Re: How to clean out remnants of RSM for reinstallation?

Found out through other sources.

1. Make sure both the RSM and Uninstall directories are cleaned out:
delete \Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\RSM\
delete \Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Universal\HP-ReplicationServer*\

2. Make sure the services are deleted:
sc delete "HP RSM Database"
sc delete "HP RSM Server"

3. delete the registry key
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Hewlett-Packard\Replication Solutions Manager"

Note: When using Simulation mode, upgrading will not work. The previous version needs to be uninstalled before starting to install the new version.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

Your post helped me. Thanks a lot for your solution.

-Bhupesh
Michael Boyea

Worked great for me! Thanks for the post.