3946 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How to manage B Class switch after upgrade to 6.2.0a

GILLI_1
Advisor

How to manage B Class switch after upgrade to 6.2.0a

Hi All,
I have upgraded my Hp B class switch to 6.2.0a from 6.1.0a and now it appears web tools will not work, do I need to run EFCM now to mange these switches or am I missing something?
6 REPLIES 6
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01661809/c01661809.pdf

With the introduction of Fabric OS 6.1.1, certain features and functions were removed from Web Tools (resident in the firmware) and migrated into the Data Center Fabric Manager (DCFM) management application. This is also carried forward to Fabric OS 6.2.x.
HP recommends that before upgrading to 6.2.x or later, if you are not running DCFM on your fabric, you review the ├в Web Tools functionality Moved to DCFM├в on page 24 and take note of what has changed, in order to assess the impact to your fabric.
GILLI_1
Advisor

Thanks for the info, so is DCFM a free product and where would I get it?

If not free I guess I will have to downgrade back to 6.1.0a?
Peter Mattei
Honored Contributor

There are two versions of DCFM available:

1. DCFM Professional for basic management which is free

2. DCFM Enterprise which allows multifabric management and includes lots of features coming from EFCM and Fabric manager.

See:
http://h18006.www1.hp.com/products/storageworks/dc_fabricmgr/index.html

Download DCFM from the above link, select: support for your product > download drivers and software > Cross operating system (BIOS, Firmware, Diagnostics, etc.)

Cheers
Pete
I love storage
fh-djb
Advisor

I am running v6.2.0e of the FOS on my 4/32B switches. I, too, was told that Zone Admin would be replaced in the Web Tools interface and to start using the freebie version (Professional) of DCFM. For what it's worth all the various admin tools within Web Tools (including Zone Admin) remain in the Java interface.

I did not, however, run v6.2.0a at any point. I made a 3 jump leap starting at 5.3.0c --> 6.0.0b --> 6.1.0a --> and landed on 6.2.0e.

Regardless, you should take a look at DCFM anyway. Brocade is moving to this tool as a primary means of managing their equipment. Plus, the Firmware Management piece of DCFM is actually quite nice. Beats manually setting up an FTP server and running firmwareUpload /download through telnet sessions. Firmware upgrades are managed via a simple GUI within DCFM. Plus, you can keep track of all your firmware revisions.
GILLI_1
Advisor

Thanks folks I actually downloaded the PROFESSIONAL version and it works fine(I actaully used this in a previuous life managing McData switches)but the issue I have with the free version is my 2 switches which are 2 seperate fabrics have to be managed seperatly unless I pay for the enterprise version, am I correct?

Thanks again folks
Peter Mattei
Honored Contributor

GILLI

You are correct, just one fabric at a time!
You need to unmap one and map the other fabric each time you want to do anything.

Cheers
Pete
I love storage