HPE EVA Storage
1753512 Members
5412 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: I do fail over at DR site become to source, How do I set DR site back to destination?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Twatchai Saelao
Occasional Advisor

I do fail over at DR site become to source, How do I set DR site back to destination?

Hi everyone,
I use EVA4400 on DC and DR site. I have some problem on inter link between site. My engineer do fail over at DR site which make DR site become to source (show on Data replication DR group 1,2,3) which previously show destination. I need to set it back to destination. How can I do it? Now, I disconnect interlink from SAN switch on both site.
Please help me.
5 REPLIES 5
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Re: I do fail over at DR site become to source, How do I set DR site back to destination?

Just to clarify: at the moment the ISL is disconnected? Do you have any way of connecting the EVAs again?
Twatchai Saelao
Occasional Advisor

Currently, ISL (interlink between DC and DR which for sync replication already disconnect.
Yes, I can connect it back but I worry about the data sync which now both EVA show in DR group are SOURCE. Please help to recomment me for this.
Sivaramakrishna_1
Honored Contributor

Establish the link between both EVA ans Ensure DR groups Healthy and Login to the DC (which is currenlty DR) and Click Failover to made it Back as a DC Again.

Dear Sivaramakrishna, Johan G
Twatchai can connect interlink back but we afraid DR (currently to be source due to my engineer force failover on suspend) shall copy data to DC when we connect interlink back. We would protect the data on DC. Thus how we change DR(currently to be source back to be destination again).

Please help
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor
Solution

Usually the best documentation to understand Continuous Access is the HP StorageWorks Replication Solutions Manager User Guide:

http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c02491027/c02491027.pdf

Page 37:

Invalid DR group pair - source and source