HPE EVA Storage
1752694 Members
5520 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: IE7 Certificate Error connecting to CV EVA mgmt server?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

IE7 Certificate Error connecting to CV EVA mgmt server?

After I start IE7, when I first connect to the Command View EVA management server, IE7 gives me a big warning about Certificate Error from the host.
How do I convince IE7 that the certificate error from the specific server can be ignored now and in the future?

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

4 REPLIES 4
gabbar
Trusted Contributor

What is the warning??? Is it something like "There is a problem with this website security certificate".

We might try to resolve this issue but IE7 is not supported on CV EVA 6.

Exact warning message would be much appreciated.
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

" There is a problem with this website's security certificate.

The security certificate presented by this website was not issued by a trusted certificate authority.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.
We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website.
Click here to close this webpage.
Continue to this website (not recommended). "

------
Then I click "Continue to this website", and everything is typical Command View EVA after that.

I presume the problem is IE7 trying to be too clever. And this seems to be showing up as a common problem when accessing web sites of local servers. I was hoping someone else had already been annoyed enough by it to come up with an IE7 fix, before I cross-post to the Windows forum.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

gabbar
Trusted Contributor
Solution

There is no need to go to windows forum.. Here is the solution

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;931850

Its there KB.
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

What the Microsoft KB did not mention is, I had to close all my browser windows and restart IE7 to clear the flag on the certificate.

Accept or Kudo