HPE EVA Storage
1752758 Members
5082 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Increase LUN size problem

zeekstern

Increase LUN size problem

We have a EVA6000. We increased a lun from 200GB to 400GB. It is presented to a Solaris 9 server which does not see the new size. Does anyone know how to get the Solaris 9 server to see the new size?

My alternative would be to just create a new lun at 400GB, and then copy the 200Gb of data to the new LUN. I didn't want to take that route if there was an easier way.

Thanks!!
3 REPLIES 3
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

According to the latest EVA software compatibility reference, SUN Solaris does not support LUN extend or shrink:

http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c02010760/c02010760.pdf

page 26
zeekstern

Thanks for the Link. Appreciate it.
I think they need to update that pub because you can do it.:)) I finally got it to work. Basically you can just into format, label the disk, do a "type" of Auto-Format and use growfs. Worked like a champ,
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Maybe I have not looked hard enough, but I don't see any information about volume expansion when I search for "growth" in the 'c02010760' document.
And I mean both files that are tagged with "Part number: 593083-001 Edition: 17 February 2010". According to the meta-data one was created on 8 Feb 2010 and the other on 19 Feb 2010.

Anyway, this was mentioned in the
""Sun Solaris Kit V2.0 for Enterprise Virtual Array Installation and Configuration Guide
Part Number: AA-RR0DB-TE, Second Edition (July 2002)

Sun Solaris can increase the virtual disk volume size with the growfs command.""