HPE EVA Storage
1752803 Members
5208 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Iscsi Config question

trevor martin_1

Iscsi Config question

I am new to the concept of iscsi storage so please excuse my ignorance of what is probably a simple answer.
I am looking at purchasing 2 x AIO1200R Iscsi boxes one for storage and the other to act as a backup mirror with auto failover.
I have a number of servers (up to 5 that may access the storage) that i would like the storage to be available for but i have been told that i need an additional box between the servers and the AIO1200's to act as an initiator box.
I can find nothing that hints at that in any docs i have read - but the information comes from a 'knowledgable person'.
I assumed that i could just install the initiator S/W on each individual server that was to access the storage.
I would appreciate any answers, comments or pointer to useful info that may help.
2 REPLIES 2
TechHelp24
Frequent Advisor

--->>>I assumed that i could just install the initiator S/W on each individual server that was to access the storage.

theoretically is correct.

--->>> Iscsi boxes one for storage and the other to act as a backup mirror with auto failover.

some iSCSI box have snapshot and failover native, but i'm not familiary with this AIO1200R
skt_skt
Honored Contributor

We have iscsi setup with Linux and Netapp filer and the initiotor is the cisco swicth port as far as my config is concerned.