108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Issue w/ firmware upgrade

SOLVED
Go to solution
Sarah Nordstrom
Frequent Advisor

Issue w/ firmware upgrade

I've upgraded a SAN Switch 2/8 internal to an MSA1000 array to 3.2.1c. In the telnet interface, 'version' shows that it is now running 3.2.1c, but the web interface still says 3.2.1b. In addition, no settings are being saved past a reboot (e.g. change the hostname, fastboot, the hostname will be back to the old one). Also, if I zone the switch via the CLI, the web interface does not reflect the zoning!
If this was just one switch I'd say it was a hardware failure, but it's both switches in this chassis. I have a second MSA1000 here, but it's still in production so I can't check it yet to see if it's showing the same issue.
Any ideas?
5 REPLIES 5
AnthonySN
Respected Contributor

Sarah,
did u clear the browser cache,
also i did in the seq 3.2.1 > 3.2.1b > 3.2.1c
Sarah Nordstrom
Frequent Advisor

Yes, I have cleared my browser cache. I'm not sure what you mean by "also i did in the seq 3.2.1 > 3.2.1b > 3.2.1c".
Shael Richmond
Frequent Advisor

I have seen similar issues. There seems to be problems with the web interface reading the updated data. It never shows that I have updated firmware. Sometimes changing versions of Java helps - I had an issue where it was messing up the system name on the left panel until I upgraded Java.

Ran into one today, I disabled the switch from the web interface and it did it but the web never showed it and I couldn't download a new configuration (replaced switch). Had to do it from the CLI.
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi,

> Yes, I have cleared my browser cache

Did you also clear the Java cache ?

When the "coffee cup" is showing in your task bar (I'm assuming you're on Windows) right click on it and click "Open Control Panel". Click on the Cache tab, then click Clear.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Rob
Sarah Nordstrom
Frequent Advisor

That was it! The Java cache needed clearing, once that was done all the issues seem to be resolved. Thanks much!