5925 Online
108787 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Issue with EVA4400

Srya
Occasional Contributor

Issue with EVA4400

Hi Dear Experts,

Recently we had a problem with our storage system that solved by restarting the whole rack. The issu that bothering me is why?

Situation: the problem detected when i was trying to opem consol of some VMwares in VSphere it said the config file not found then i tried to access datastores but it stucke loading the files by saying "Searching Datastore ....... "

Then i tried to access to the consol "StorageWorks Command View EVA" it was loading very slow and only the half of page i tried different browser and cleaning cach,..... with no luck.

i went to Services and is saw the Command View service is stopping... i restarted our EVA server and after it booted up i couldn't access the:

https://**********:2372 it was giving me Unable to connect

so we dicided to restart the whole Rack and it fixed then i checked the logs i just found this error that i think it is not related to this issue:

The correct parse file could not be found

My guess is this happened because of old hardware and there was a crash in services or drivers also, this is the version of frimware:

Type: HSV300 Version: 09522000

3 REPLIES 3
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

This firmware is unsupported since 2011!

Consider to update to CV 10.3.7 and XCS 11300000 asap.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Srya
Occasional Contributor

is there any instruction to say how to do it? because it is very sensitive data and if something goes wrong there will be a serious problem for costumer also can you provide some links to download the last frimware?

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Go to www.hpe.com/support , search for EVA4400 and go to manual section for all the documents.

For firmware go to software.hp.com search for "p6000" for command view and for "XCS" for firmware.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!